1. “Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.” (18)
This is very true in today’s society, with more convenience gadgets that could bring us closer like social networks. We tends to interfere other’s life like our own. We express our opinions and feelings too freely without caring about other’s feeling.
2. “-that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That’s the world’s greatest lie.” (20)
We, ourselves, are the one who control our life. Do not blame the fate or destiny that things happen in your life. Your life, you control it. Whatever that happened in your life, take note that you’re part of it and be responsible to your action.
3. “-everything in life has its price.” (27)
Nothing is free in this world. Everything has it consequences. People always expect something somehow in return. This is one of my life quote, it reminds me every time I’m about to do something.
4. “Treasure is uncovered by the force of flowing water, and it is buried by the same currents-” (27)
Time eventually reveals all things, no matter how “buried” they may be which include every words and every actions we have done. However, with the same thing that could uncover our treasure it could also bury something. Sometimes, something that is precious to us is lost through careless acts.
5. “You cannot trust a man if you don’t know his house.” (34)
House is consider to be a personal place for a man. It is where you live. Basically, its mean that you cannot trust a person if you don’t truly know them. This quote is really helpful, it reminds you not to trust anyone easily.
6. “-when you really want something, the universe always conspires in your favor” (39)
If you have a strong will, everything in life is possible. It is up to you to make it happen or not. When I feels like giving up, this quote helps me to get back again. It gives me strength and hope.
7. “I’m like everyone else–I see the world in terms of what I would like to see happen, not what actually does.” (43)
We all fool ourself sometimes. We like to see things the way we want not the way it is. Why? cause we cannot accept the truth. Even if it right in front of us we tend to look over it.
8. “-No matter how many detours and adjustments it made, the caravan moved toward the same compass point-” (77)
Never give up. No matter how many times you fall or thought of going back, don’t. Always get up and move on. It’s okay to arrive late than never. Whenever I want to give up or feel hopeless, this quote will give me strength.
9. “We are afraid of losing what we have, whether it’s our life or our possessions and property. But this fear evaporates when we understand that our life stories and the history of the world were written by the same hand.” (79)
We all made from dust and eventually when we die, we will go back to dust. It’s okay to fear but always remember that everything in life is uncertain. Don’t be afraid, live your life like it’s your last day.
10.“There is only one way to learn…It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey. (132)
Studying inside a school is just a part of your learning. The best way to learn something is through your experiences. You can read all the book in library but it can’t be compare to a real life experience.